Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Horrors! Somebody's Removing Books from My Room!

{picture goes here}

Nope, that's not an error. To illustrate my long-awaited post (sorry! seriously, so much has been going on), I had the perfect picture in mind. But I can't find my camera cord to transfer said photos for download. I actually can't find several other things post-move, especially my beloved Febreeze. I feel a bit like I'm living in Grey Gardens- minimal furniture (I'm borrowing the kitchen chair to sit at my desk), I'm living off ice cream (huzzah for Free Scoop day at Ben & Jerry's this eve), and bugs...scads and scads of bugs. Not once but twice have I been bitten by a stray mosquito.

Now, this is New York, so of course- first thought: bed bugs! But without going into the gruesome details, it's not-phew- because they would be all over my body, and I would continually be bitten night after night. So turns out my body flames up when nibbled by a hungry mosquito, I even spike a tiny fever, and my arms are an otherwise lovely shade of scarlet. So after tiring of a steady dose of Benadryl and coffee to counteract the drowsy effects, I taped up my window and AC unit. There, the duct tape haphazardly sealing any openings, that's my picture. Actually, my photo would have the been the bug I found on my pillow after I was bitten 11 times one night. 

I mean, I'mthisclose to parading around with an American flag amongst my 28 cats. What I could use is a luscious fur. Not in this heat (my room is rather warm)- but a fur, that's something a girl can get behind. Huzzah:  
 
*p.s. Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange are SUPERB in the new remake or the original documentary.