Thursday, January 8, 2009

Are you Hungry Tonight?

I haven't purchased any necessary groceries since before Christmas so my the pickings from my pantry are slim, and usually I suffer through the hunger as I'm not really inspired to demonstrate my culinary prowess using only balsamic vinaigrette, peanut butter, and pancake mix. Except tonight. I'm crawling into bed, nearly comatose from my Crumbs 'King' cupcake. It's January 8, and any good Memphian knows what today is: why, it's Elvis's birthday of course! In commemoration of the late, great jumpsuit-wearing, cloud-moving, hip-swiveling King of Rock 'n' Roll, a favorite bakery of scads of New Yorkers is serving up a specialty cupcake of his favorite staples: peanut butter and banana. No bacon though. It's probably for the best. I might end up looking a little bloated and sweaty, much like this: