Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Zing Zing Zing Went My Heartstrings

I was watching an episode of Law & Order at the gym- YES, THE GYM (thanks, Groupon)- last month. The Stairmaster seems to go faster alongside stories of women being terrorized on the subway by a serial rapist. Such an episode- in which a repeat offender was striking at random and others on the subway ignored the crimes while happening- just perpetuates the idea of NYC as a horrifically violent place, with its inhabitants always in violation of the Samaritan law.

My experience? Sure, I've encountered some kooks, held my bag a bit closer in some moments, and maneuvered to the opposite end of the car, just in case said creeper felt the need to give me a Wet Willy or anything comparably as uncomfortable.

For the most part, my biggest issue is germs. I'm hypochondriacal by nature and whenever I have to -yeesshhh- hold onto the handrails, my reflexes call for Purell IMMEDIATELY. But that is the most of my worries.

Regardless, sometimes I listen to this on my iPod, a reminder of a childhood favorite, and I wish my daily modes of transportation were like so: